Sunday 1 January 2012

The Mutant Girl Who Lives Down the Lane


Welcome, readers, to my newnew blog.

I've been blogging since 2004, on many different platforms and in many different ways. My posts have always been sporadic and ill formed. So on this day, January 1st 2012, the first day of the year, I decided it was time to start again. Again. Again. So here I am, The Little Mutant girl, preparing to pour my malformed heart out to you all, my freakish arms wide open in the hopes of an embrace.

The old blogs are still swimming around out there, waiting to be shown a little attention. You can still find them if you look hard enough but if I'm honest, it isn't worth the effort.

Why Little Mutant Girl? Well, for a start I am bizarre of body and of brain. I twist into positions most humans cannot attempt and open doors with my toes. My spine is curved and my mind is strange. I write backwards, forwards, upside down and with my feet. I lick my elbows. My skin is made of elastic. I pick at my hairs and my skin. For these reasons, and perhaps more, I have been called a mutant on occasion. First of the Mutant Horde. An omen of the apocalypse.

I'm also prone to exaggeration and melodrama.

No comments:

Post a Comment